Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Live Mail Crashing All Browsers...

• Please log in to reply

sere83

sere83

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi,

I'm having a major issue with Windows Live Mail. When I log in, in both firefox and IE8 it either crashes the browser completely or is painfully slow or completely unresponsive. It is only Windows Live Mail, nothing else. I thought it was a plugin issue in FF so tried disabling and running in safe mode, made no differenceat all. Also uninstalled sliverlight, made no difference.

I can log in OK, it's only when I try and open a message.

Any help hugely appreciated.

Edited by sere83, 11 October 2011 - 06:41 PM.

Advertisements

wannageek

wannageek

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled both browsers. No change. It doesn't happen right away, but after using the email a short while - like going from junk to search, deleting things. Then everything freezes and i have to shut the whole browser down.