Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Server Busy" popup during bootup

• Please log in to reply

taipei_tony

taipei_tony

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hey guys, I just bought a brand new laptop last week. It's a Dell Inspiron 13z running Windows 7.

Ever since I bought it, it's had this problem. During every boot up, when the desktop loads there will be a popup box titled "Server Busy". The box says:
"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.

Choose "Switch To" to activate the busy program and correct the problem."

If I click "Switch To", the box goes away and the Windows start-menu pops up. If I click "Retry" the box goes away and nothing happens. There is a third button which says "Cancel" but it's greyed out.

Like I said before, this problem has been happening from the very beginning. Afterwards, there were a few boot-ups when the problem didn't occur. But when the problem did happen, the popup would go away on it's own after Windows booted up completely. But now, the popup doesn't go away on it's own. I have to click an option.

I have attached a picture of the popup.

This thing is driving me crazy, can anyone help me?

Attached Thumbnails

• boot up error.jpg

Edited by rshaffer61, 13 October 2011 - 01:59 PM.
Removed malware log as we don't use them in this forum

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Try a 'clean' startup and see if you can find the trouble that way http://www.sevenforu...an-startup.html