Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer turns off by itself

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep and if you can get me the whole BSOD that would help. If it goes by to quickly try the following to stop it.

• Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
  • Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
  • Click Enter to disable it
  • The system should reboot and if not then do so.
  • When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

Advertisements

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
STOP : 0X0000007E (0xC0000005 , 0x00000000 , 0xF78A1F18 , 0XF78A1C18)

Argh... I turned on my keyboard on Laptop , now i turned it on, on my desktop and i press F8 and it dont goes to menu where i can choose the Safe mode

Edited by pzh, 13 October 2011 - 11:27 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

Do you have any USB external device connected other then a mouse or keyboard?

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Yes

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If anything other then a mouse and keyboard that is USB then disconnect it.
The mouse and keyboard have to be connected but any external drive, printer or camera disconnect and see if it will then boot normally.

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I runned in safe mode and still BSOD , the same as i posted above

P.S : Could a format solve problem?

Edited by pzh, 13 October 2011 - 11:43 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A format though it may solve the issue is the last step to take. You have the right to do that but as you can tell the issue is caused by possibly:

including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues

Other then updating drivers or some software you may have installed a format would take care of the issue as long as the same driver and\or software was not put back into the system.
As I posted in post 6 the main issue seems to be your Video Card drivers and that would be the first step I would suggest in correcting. You can do this by using DriverMax to see if there is a newer video driver available for your card.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I cant acess to my computer so i cant run that program <.<

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK so now we need to do some serious thinking and responding on your side.
Was there any driver updates, OS updates or any new hardware installed just before this all started?
Again the only usb devices that should be connected to your system right now is the keyboard and mouse if they are USB.

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Yes , i did format computer after that pc did shut down all the time . Then i got no more problems , 2 weeks later , ive got the problems i did mencion on 1st post :)

Edited by pzh, 13 October 2011 - 01:51 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK but 2 weeks alter is a long time to go without a problem. Something triggered it and that is what I'm trying to find.
What if anything did you add or change? Even a new program or a old program that wasn't there before the issue but once installed it started happening again.

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
It happened when with driverGenius , i installed new drives , i have the drivers on cds that came with pc , then i upgraded my drivers with DriverGenius , and the problems started.

Im gonna format pc , if it works i presume it was windows problem? :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK but please don't use DriverGenius this time.
Use DriverMax instead and only update one or two a day and then test the system for a day to see if it works. This way we can find the culprit for all the issues.

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Thank you very much for your help , for spending your time helping me :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks is always welcome and appreciated but I honestly want to see you backup and running correctly. That will be the satisfaction i want to see for both you and me. I am here to continue helping till the end so please let me know how the format and new install goes.