Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NO signal issue

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
The diagram of the MB in the user manual does not show an onboard speaker for the POST beep but that doesn`t mean it doesn`t have one, if it does try removing the Ram and powering up, any beeps.

Advertisements

l3th4l

l3th4l

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Tried that at first, no beeps at all.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Sorry I cannot suggest anything further other than replacing the CPU, check the present CPU for any bent or missing pins.

l3th4l

l3th4l

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
No bent pins sadly. Going to have to find a store that would ship socket a cpu to Lithuania, no shops have old cpus here. Thanks for all the help and quick replies again.

Edited by l3th4l, 15 October 2011 - 11:23 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
http://www.ebay.co.u...3a6ab03d69#shId

l3th4l

l3th4l

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Got some good, bad and even worse news. The bad news is that it was the cpu, the good news is that I got one from a friend, the worst news is that my psu might've fried everything. Old mobo ain't working, old cpu ain't working, psu only works when i push the power cord head to the right. Too afraid to check the gpu, psu might fry it if it's still alive. Gonna get a new power cord from a friend to check if it's an issue, if not i will just get a new psu and update this thread telling if the psu fried everything.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
I am sorry that the update is not better news but thanks for keeping us informed.

l3th4l

l3th4l

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Gpu still alive, but pretty obvious psu problem, pc hangs up after running for random time (5-60 seconds) . Can't imagine hdd causing this trouble because pc hangs up before even booting windows and the only parts I haven't changed are psu(the other psu i have doesn't have sata slot, so can't test it well) and hdd. Weird that I get a quick bsod before the windows screen appears though, hope psu didn't kill hdd as well. Oh well, this is it, hope the thread helps someone.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Try the other PSU but without connecting the HDD so that you don`t need the SATA connection, the idea is to see if you can get into the BIOS and to see if the PC remains on, if it does consider purchasing a molex to SATA adapter such as
http://www.google.co...ed=0CEcQ8wIwAA#

l3th4l

l3th4l

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hmm, I found out that the PC didn't boot after I got the new processor because there are too many pins in the case that hold my new matx mobo and they short it out, so I just placed a stick of paper in the back to push the mobo away from the pins (Yes, creative indeed =D). Fixed it, but if PSU wasn't the problem who busted my processor, old mobo and my GPU(overheated after 1~minute after I put it in, the fan was spinning and for some reason there was no thermal paste left on it)?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
You should remove the MB and the additional stand offs then replace the MB or you risk blowing the system.

l3th4l

l3th4l

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
My case is not made for m-atx, if I remove additional stand offs then it starts touching the case itself on the bottom thus I can't insert the headphone jack to my sound card and my internet cable, see there's only 2 stand offs holding it on the top and none at the bottom. The paper stick does it's job now, getting new PC within these few days anyway. :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
I can only advise you as to what is safe and what is not, the final decision however is yours.