Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help buying New PC Components

• Please log in to reply

pzh

pzh

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi guys this the situation , i need buy new PC components(desktop) but i have a strict budget .

I only have +/- 230 € to spend on

-MotherBoard ( i will stay my old CPU that is a Intel Core 2 Duo Quad Q6660 2.40GHz ( socket 775 I think ),I will keep my old RAM memories too , which are ddr2 667 mhz .
-Power Supply
- Graphic Card

Edited by pzh, 13 October 2011 - 08:33 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What exactly are you looking to upgrade then?

Video
Memory
Hard Drive
Sound Card
Monitor
Keyboard and Mouse

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I want :

• MotherBoard ;
  • Video Card ;
  • Power Supply ;

But i Wanted to keep some old components as HDD ,RAM, CPU

Thats all , Thank you

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK where are you from so I can find conversion rate on your money amount?
From there I can find the components for you. :)

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Im from Portugal , Lisbon . Money used here is EURO (€)

:)

Edited by pzh, 13 October 2011 - 08:57 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

230.00 EUR = 315.150 USD

Now the question is I can find components but i have no ideal what computer parts places you have there so I can provide the components but you would need to check there locally for the prices.

Motherboard Asrock 42.99

Video card Visiontek 89.99
Radeon HD 2600PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16
Now if you notice the card has only digital monitor connections so that might be a issue with your monitor.

PSU Corsair 79.99
CORSAIR Gaming Series GS500 500W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified High Performance Gaming Power Supply

Total price 212.00 not counting shipping. Not knowing your prices there i would say that would still be below your budget to buy the parts locally.

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I tough i could have a better Video Card more expensive and a bit cheaper power supply ? :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
One thing about a PSU is you don't want to use cheap as that is the heart of your system. You not only run the risk of unstable voltages but not enough power and possibly shorting the PSU out and causing a fire.
What kind of video are you talking about as a 512 meg video card is pretty good unless you want a 1 gig card.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
MSI video card.$46.99

1GB, DDR3, PCI-Express, DVI, VGA, Single-Slot, Low Profile

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Im a Call of duty 4 gamer , so i need fps thats why i was asking for better video Card :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The problem is the slots available for the type of video card. The motherboards for your cpu are older and the available PCI slots are limited to PCI Express 16 and 1. Therefor the cards will be limited you can choose from. Having 1 gig of DDR3 memory on the video card will certainly help out. I play a lot of games and my card is a ATI Radeon 5700 series with 1 gig of memory and I can play almost anything with no issues at all.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 24 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.