Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sonic MyDVD Plus

• Please log in to reply

Diane Weatherwax

Diane Weatherwax

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an HP Media Center. I have been able to make DVDs until recently. Now when I tried accessing Sonic's MyDVD Plus, (that came 'bundled with system) after the system tries to configure it, I receive this message:
Sonic MyDVD Plus"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'MyDVD.MSI' in the box below" Use source c:\hp\tmp\src\"

After exhaustive attempts including using the re-installation option in the HP Application Recovery - and following all the recommendations from HP-NOTHING WORKS !!!

I HAVE TRIED WHAT's R POSTED BELOW AND THE INSTALLATION JUST RUNS BUT NEVER COMPLETES ....

Just had a chat with HP and they were very helpful- To solve this you willhave to remove the My DVD Plus application then re-install it using the following way: Start>PC Help and Tools>Hp Application Recovery>Select Application Install - I did this and there were no problems - Enjoy
HP has a separate partition on the hard drive that should repair Sonic.

Attached Thumbnails

• SONIC ISSUES.JPG

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :yes: for a successful resolution for your issue.

If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. II am sure your solution will help others in the furture and thank you for sharing it with the GTG membership.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

:) Congratulations. for a successful resolution for your issue. If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I am sure your solution will help others in the furture and thank you for sharing it with the GTG membership. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. This issue now appears to be resolved. THE ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED :yes: :)

I'm sorry but the very last comment in your post says and I quote...

I did this and there were no problems - Enjoy
HP has a separate partition on the hard drive that should repair Sonic.

That sounds to me like the issue was resolved. :)
If you are using XP which it seems like you are have you tried a real simple burner called CDBurnerXP?
I use it and it will burn just about everything I have found to burn.
Also to clarify was this software included with your system or was it downloaded or bought separately?