Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop won't charge while gaming.

• Please log in to reply

Kipritank

Kipritank

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an Asus G72GX gaming laptop, using a Rocketfish 90w AC Adapter. While running games (World of Warcraft, Dead Island, Fallout 3/New Vegas, ect. ect.) the ac adapter turns off. If I unplug/plug it will turn on, and keep charging, but only while tabbed out of a game. Running in full screen/windowed full screen doesn't make a difference. I realize games put more stress on the battery than just surfing the web, or playing flash games, but this problem didn't start till about a week ago. Any help or information would be appreciated.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi Kipritank and :)
This is most likely caused by using an underpowered AC adapter, it may have worked initially but while it has been in use it has been operating under stress which has weakened it.
The specs for the AC adapter that is supplied by ASUS for use with the Asus G72GX;

AC Adapter
Output: 19 V DC, 4.74 A, 150W
Input: 100~240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal
Full specs http://www.asus.com/...#specifications

Also be aware that other components such as the battery, CPU, Ram and the integrated video chip will also have been affected by using an inferior AC adapter.