Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Remote Connection to share software

• Please log in to reply

maestra62

maestra62

• Pip
  • 2 posts
We have two computers running in two different locations. We have a software license to run a specific software pkg. on one of the computers and access it also from the second (remote) computer. Both are running xp (not Pro version).

What do we need to do in order to set this up? Or, where would you suggest we go for more info? :tazz:

Thanks!

Advertisements

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

We have a software license to run a specific software pkg. on one of the computers and access it also from the second (remote) computer.

What type of software package is this? Depending on how you need to connect to that sofware package would determine what type of set up you need. If the software package just runs on a certain port, then you would just need to forward it through the router. If it is a software package that needs to be explored, then I would recommend a VPN connection.

Greazy Mcgeezy

maestra62

maestra62

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It is medical billing software. So I would be manipulating data within the software. what would I need to do to set up that VPN connection?

maestra