Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD, kernel inpage error, please help! :(

• Please log in to reply

rockchick

rockchick

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,
I'm not that great at computers, I know the basics and am self taught with computers if it comes to difficulties.
I've got a G62 series HP laptop with windows 7 and have had it for only about 3 months and I've already had the bsod quite a few times. It seems to happen when i watch vids on youtube or iplayers and on fullscreen..I'm thinking it has something to do with the intel HD graphics card, not too sure. It's got the lowest rating on the system performance.
When watching some vids, i can tell when its going to crash; it stutters and makes a retriggering noise, and the blue screen appears, it says 'kernel_data_inpage_error' and i think it's stop 0x0000007A. it makes a loud retriggering noise whilst on the screen then goes to a black screen with the HP logo on. I have to manually restart it when it does this. The blue screen lasts only a few seconds so i cannot write it down but it pretty much says this:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

kernel_data_inpage_error

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your
computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
if this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufactuers
for any window updates you might need.

if problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
software. disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you
need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your compute,
press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

technical information

***STOP: 0x0000007a(oxco3eac70,oxc000000e,0xfab1c130,0x096f b860)
***atapi.sys-address fac1c130

I've read a few posts but with no luck.
Please help!
Regards.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hi Rockchick, Welcome to GTG!

I see you have posted at another forum and,

Someone has just replied to your other post on this forum http://www.techspot....pic172103.html.

I suggest you stay with that forum and see if you can resolve the issue there first. Posting to more then 1 forum ties up helpers when they could be assisting someone else. It also can result in a lot of confusion when following directions from more then 1 forum.

zep516

rockchick

rockchick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, yeah i did, sorry for any inconvenience. I have posted in a different forum a few days ago and only got one reply back then no help after so i tried other forums. I'm just worried my computer will get worse as the bsods are becoming more frequent but i will stick to the other forum if i get help. sorry again :)

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
If your issue goes unresolved there please feel free to come back here and someone can help you.