Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

iexplore.exe process often uses 100% CPU [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Opa the Openminded

Opa the Openminded

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello SweetTech, I appologize it has been a few days since I last reported. Ive spent the majority of the last 3 days away helping a close family member with their move into a new home and getting their place into comfortable state.

As for the GMER Scan, once again it ran for probably an hour and a half, everything seemed to be doing fine, but then the next time I glanced over at the screen everything had dissapeared and all that remained showing was my monitor's background picture. I continued to leave the computer alone for the next 4 hours to see if anything changed, which it did not, so I then manually reset the computer after failing to do so with Alt+Ctrl+Delete. Anticipating something like this may occur, I even Un-checked Devices before running the scan. Any other suggestions perhaps?

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Hi!

Hello SweetTech, I appologize it has been a few days since I last reported. Ive spent the majority of the last 3 days away helping a close family member with their move into a new home and getting their place into comfortable state.

No worries.

As for the GMER Scan, once again it ran for probably an hour and a half, everything seemed to be doing fine, but then the next time I glanced over at the screen everything had dissapeared and all that remained showing was my monitor's background picture. I continued to leave the computer alone for the next 4 hours to see if anything changed, which it did not, so I then manually reset the computer after failing to do so with Alt+Ctrl+Delete. Anticipating something like this may occur, I even Un-checked Devices before running the scan. Any other suggestions perhaps?

hmm... Okay. It seems like GMER does't want to run on your computer. Lets try running this scans.

Scanning with DDS

Posted Image
Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
-----------------------------------------------------

Please include the following logs in your thread:
  • Post the contents of the DDS.txt & Attach.txt reports in your next reply.

NEXT:

Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)
Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
Link 1 (.exe file)
Link 2 (zipped file)
Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.

• Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click the Report tab, then click Scan.
  • Check Drivers, Stealth Code, and uncheck the rest.
  • Click OK.
  • Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.
  • Save the report to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.
-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.