Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

RAID 0 ?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello all

I would like to run two SSD's in RAID 0 as bootable OS, and use my current HDD as storage

Question - If I have a problem with one of the SSD's, is there a way to boot up from my HDD as back up?

Edited by Digerati, 15 October 2011 - 08:00 PM.
Fixed font size

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Good Heavens, I don't think your post is in a big enough font. Post it again, I can hardly read that :)

To answer your question, if you make the HDD bootable in the first instance then yes. Bear in mind a RAID 0 setup has no redunancy so if an SSD fails the entire RAID will fall down. Plus there is no major performance boost from using it anyway.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,707 posts
Some reading for you.