Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Noblesearchsystem.com redirect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

not2creative

not2creative

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ok, I have tried everything I can think of. My computer got infected yesterday. When using ask or google and clicking the link it redirects you to an ad sight. At the bottom of the screen I can see it start to redirect and has the name noblesearchsystem. If I click the X to stop the page from loading before it kicks in and then go back to the URL I can get to the website. UGH. This virus will not let me execute any scanning software. After I tried the first time my pc rebooted and my wireless mouse and keyboard no longer worked. I got this message before my pc restarted: you have been infected with rootkit.zeroaccess in the tcp/ip stack

I have both Emisisoft and Malwarebytes installed on this PC. I also have a pocket drive so I downloaded the Malwarebytes to that to attempt to run. When I attempt to run the Malwarebytes I get an error that the google installer has stopped working. The Emisisoft give this error: A major problem prevents application start. Anti-Malware can't connect to the service application. Please reboot your pc.

Please help! I can't run any of the programs so I don't have any logs to attach.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi lets start with the heavyweight tool first and then look for remnants after

Download and Install Combofix

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
Link 1
Link 2

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
  • Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Notes:
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.

Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now

not2creative

not2creative

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I downloaded ComboFix to the desktop as requested and ran it. It came up with a message you have been infected with rootkit.zeroaccess and ComboFix needs to restart your computer do not turn off your computer let ComboFix restart (paraphrased). Then I went back to check on the pc and it said your computer was unable to start. I am now letting windows restore my computer to a time when it worked properly. If it restarts I will check to see if the redirect virus is still active and repost.

not2creative

not2creative

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
My PC will not start. I have accessed it as Administrator and have the options in the second screen shot to start it. Haven't attempted to restart.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2011-10-16 11.36.21.jpg
  • 2011-10-16 11.36.57.jpg

not2creative

not2creative

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I went over to the computer won't boot forum and decided to select system restore. ComboFix had a restore point so I attempted to restore to that. It failed so I selected the only other restore point. It also failed and my computer was looping through attempts to boot dumping a log file, blue screen of death. Read the "Unbootable system tutorial" and created the AVG boot disk. The program is running now and has identified a ton of virus infected files. Interestingly it appears that the virus infected Emisoft executable. The virus name is Win32/Katusha.A That virus appears to have attacked many of the executable files in my computer including GoogleUpdate.exe and HP Health Check.

I sure hope this works. When it is done scanning, I will repost the findings.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hmm that looks like a multiple infection in addition to zero access

Keep me informed of the progress and we will go from there

not2creative

not2creative

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
The PC is still scanning - over three hours now. Showing a lot of infected files :) I will post again when I have more information. Thanks for your help!

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Do they all have the same name ?

not2creative

not2creative

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
It just finished scanning so I went back to the previous instructions and I am at the view log... 33 files are infected. At first it said all had the Win32/Katusha.A now I see Trojan horse downloader.zlob and trojan horse Generic18 and trojan horse java/downloader

not2creative

not2creative

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
OK I followed the instructions and renamed the files. I got a message that there are no more infected files. Then I ejected CD and rebooted using the commands on the screen. Windows can not start up and the restore is not working either. I took a photo of the log as there wasn't a way to download it. There were actually 33 files, this photo only shows the first 28

Advertisements

not2creative

not2creative

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Couldn't attach photo to the last post as I used the quick reply feature

Attached Thumbnails

• 2011-10-16 16.52.45.jpg

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
From the repair my computer section

First select start up repair

If that fails then then select command prompt and type in sfc /scannow

On completion then try a reboot

not2creative

not2creative

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I tried the repair and it failed. I typed the sfc /scannow and it came back with There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again.

Attempting to restart in safe mode with command prompt - - ended up at the Recovery Manager and selected MicroSoft Startup Repair Tool and I am now back to the screen that says windows cannot repair this computer automatically. Trying to get back to a command prompt but stuck in a vicious circle :)

Trying the option of last known good configuration from the advanced boot options menu.

OK THAT WORKED??? Now what? Windows is starting up!

not2creative

not2creative

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hesitantly, I started a browser and the virus appears to have gone. I then decided to uninstall a ton of unused progams as well as the malware programs and plan to reinstall them. I re-installed malwarebytes and I am scanning the system now.

What am I supposed to do with the infected files?

not2creative

not2creative

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
The scan finished and showed three infected files. I have successfully quarantined and deleted them. Wondering what I am supposed to do with the ones that were renamed.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 7962

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

10/16/2011 9:53:00 PM
mbam-log-2011-10-16 (21-53-00).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 532384
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 36 minute(s), 38 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 3

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\program files\common files\Intel\IntelDH\NMS\adpplugins\dqlwinservice.exe_1318783991.arl (Trojan.PatchLoad) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\d550f951\U\80000000.@_1318783991.arl (Spyware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\wshark.exe_1318783991.arl (Rogue.AdvancedAntivirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.