Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotmail Hacked

• Please log in to reply

Jose Cesareo

Jose Cesareo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
My hotmail account was hacked recently,
I want to know if I can get it back.
When I try to get in it doesn´t go through.

Please respond to this email:

I already wrote to hotmail directly, but I didn´t get a response.

Edited by JSntgRvr, 16 October 2011 - 05:19 PM.
Removed e-mail to avoid spamming

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Jose Cesareo,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

I have requested that your email address be removed from your post above for security purposes. It is not safe to display your email address on a public site such as this for many reasons. If this is a common practice for you this could be how your Hotmail account was "hacked" in the first place. Trust no one with this type of personal information.

Do you know for sure that your computer is free of malware? If not, please go to another computer that you know for sure is free and clear of any malware and change the password to your Hotmail account. Below is a link that will help guide you in how to reset your password.

Account Recovery and Security

For your protection, I'd like to suggest that you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE and follow Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum to make sure you have no malware on your computer. Also, please DO NOT post the logs in this thread.

Thank you,

Donna :yes: