Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Launch Error 1156

• Please log in to reply

stern

stern

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I have Filehippo installed on my system (windows 7 Home Edition 32bit) and within last two (2) days when I try to run prog I am receiving the following:

Launch Error 1156 - An error occurred in sending the command to the application
Unquote

It not only happens when i try to run this prog but also some others when I try to activate them using the shortcut.

Any advise regarding a possible cause for this happening appreciated.

Stern

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks to go !

FileHippo is an Internet download website that offers open source, freeware, and shareware programs for Windows. It's not a program you install. Can you tell us what the program names are that are causing Launch Error 1156 - An error occurred in sending the command to the application.

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi

Your response appreciated. Unforeseen circumstances which occurred within last 10 minutes, have to get back to you sometime tomorrow. Sorry

Stern

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I hate when that happens "Unforeseen circumstances" I had one yesterday! :) I'll be waiting for your reply.

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi

Delayed response regretted.

Tried once again and the same error regarding Launch occurs. Having said that I now notice that prog which reacted in the same manner now showing no such effect.
I have taken on board what you said about File HIppo not being a program.
What worries me is that I have been using File Hippo for over two years and never had a problem until now.

Eagerly looking forward to your response, hoping of course for a solution.

Thought of mentioning that my system is Win 7 Home Edition 32bit.

Stern

P.S. PC knowledge very limited

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

What worries me is that I have been using FileHippo for over two years and never had a problem until now.

Hi Stern,

Is this a short cut to the website filehippo that you're clicking on, and that's when you get the error?

What browser do you use? Firefox, Internet Explorer??

Edited by zep516, 18 October 2011 - 06:51 AM.

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hello Zep516

After several attempts which included uninstall/reinstall had no joy. Kept receiving error message.
However I am able to report that all appears to be normal once again in that it is running OK
Perhaps there was a glitch somewhere. Whatever the problem was is beyond me.

At once stage of trying I saw a message at bottom of screen saying there were beta version available. I usually do not take any action as far as these are concerned.

Perhaps you might be able to throw some light as to a possible reason.

As to your question regarding browser - I usually use IE Browser and occasionally Firefox.
On my desktop there is a shortcut icon which I use to active Filehippo website.

Any inconvenience caused do accept my apologies.

Awaiting your response if necessary.

Tks

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
No inconvenience caused at all! I'm glad to hear you have it under control. Happy surfing :)

zep516