Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No access after Windows 7 update

• Please log in to reply

missy1998

missy1998

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Please help! My windows updates automatically. The newest update causes my computer to simply not function. I have been restating in safe mode and doing system recovery in order to have access. I have done this about 10 times because the update occurs automatically. I am not getting an error message just simply not functioning after update.

Missy

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks to go !

Boot to safe mode and uninstall the up-date, See link for additional information.
http://www.sevenforu...all-update.html

The update in question can be hidden, which will prevent this update from downloading and installing.
To hide this update:
  • Open Control Panel
  • Open Security
  • Select ‘Windows Update
  • Select the option View Available Updates in the upper left hand corner
  • Locate the update in question, right click and select ‘Hide Update’

Could you provide the up-date KB#?

missy1998

missy1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok I did system restore last night and regained access. However the morning windows did a new update and lost access again. I did a new system restore and regained. I think this is what I removed.

silverlight 4.0.60831.0
kb2564958
kb2567053
kb2572077
kb2579686
kb2586448

I think I can stop all windows updates but should not do that. Please help and thanks so much for previous!

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

The newest update causes my computer to simply not function.

Can you be a bit more specific? What exactly occurs when you try to start windows after the up-date, no screen, will not boot, black screen.....

missy1998

missy1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Sorry sometimes the screen will just stay black and others it will load but not allow me to open any icons. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Missy

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

silverlight 4.0.60831.0
kb2564958
kb2567053
kb2572077
kb2579686
kb2586448

Somehow we need to narrow this down to exactly what up date is causing the issue, all those up dates would not cause the issue but 1 of them could. So you will need to uninstall 1 at a time it's going to be a pain I know. Sliverlight should not be a problem you may not ever need it though anyway.

So uninstall 1 up date at a time hide it like I said in post #2 till you can find what one is the issue, Good luck I'll do my best to carry on.

missy1998

missy1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok I guess this morning had some new updates. My system will not let me uninstall any windows updates. I get this message: Windows Installer Service Could not be Accessed. This can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed.

I tired to update Windows and got the following messages:
0x80040609 languageselector64
0x80040705 meshbetaremover
0x80070641 wllogin-amd64

I do not know if this makes a difference or needs to be fixed first.

Thanks

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi,

0x80040609 languageselector64
0x80040705 meshbetaremover
0x80070641 wllogin-amd64

All those errors are related to Windows Live Essentials. This issue may occur if there are corrupted components on your existing Windows Live Essentials installer. You might consider uninstalling Windows Live Essentials Via Control Panel (recommended) and reinstalling it if you use those programs, looking in Programs and Features you will see all the Windows Live Essentials programs that are included. You may even decide you don't want them at all.

How to uninstall / reinstall Windows Live Essentials. See link below.
http://windowslivehe...07-cb08ffc5dd53

Edited by zep516, 19 October 2011 - 10:13 AM.

missy1998

missy1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have tried to remove Windows Essential Live. It simply will not uninstall. It continues to tell me to wait until another program is finished. I do not show any other programs running. Any suggestions and all help is greatly appreciated. I continne to restore or just use safe mode.

Missy

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi,
Just to note uninstalling programs in SafeMode may not be always effective. You will sometimes get an error relating to the Windows installer. The Windows installer is not available in the SafeMode, just to let you know about that. Since you have been booting to SafeMode frequently have you tried the Repair Your Computer option. If not give it a try and see if it clears any issues up.

Lets use Revo_Unistaller to remove Windows Live Essentials, download it from the link below:
http://majorgeeks.co...ller_d5706.html
On that page Under Download Locations use Author's site or MajorGeeks to download file.

Note Read the guide / instructions before using Revo so your familiar with it. Revo will create a restore point before removing anything.
How To Use Revo Uninstaller To Completely Uninstall Programs
http://www.guidingte...vo-uninstaller/

Edited by zep516, 20 October 2011 - 08:28 AM.

Advertisements

missy1998

missy1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok I tried the repair no luck and then I uninstalled Windows Essential Live and still not luck.

Any suggestions please?

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi missy1998,
Could we verify the operating system you're using? XP, Vista, Win7? Reason I ask is that you're profile shows XP but you posted in the Vista / Win7 forum. This will help with more detailed instructions. So I can give you more detailed instruction for Windows up-date.

Also I'd like to get some idea of what's running on the computer too in case is reveals anything.

A very small program that simply lists the processes that Task Manager lists, including the full path name so you can see what program they are part of. You can easily copy and paste the list into a text file for before/after comparisons, or to email/forum when asking for computer help.

Download ListProcesses for Windows from HERE.

Click Save File in the binary box that pops up and save it to your desktop.

Double click icon on the desktop and click Run.

Click on Get List allow time for list to populate.

Use scroll bar on right side to find Copy List at bottom of list.

Click on Copy List.

This will save the list in the mouse so all you need to do then is in your next reply, right click in the forum reply box and choose paste. It will paste the contents of the list so we can see if anything funny is going on.

Thanks for following directions so clearly, once I get this information we will go from there.

missy1998

missy1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
It is windows 7. I need to update that is my old system.

This is the list that shows

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Users\Missy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\GH0AC0Z9\ListProcesses[1].exe

I appreciate all the help! Please advise next step!

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Is that list from safemode or normal mode? If it is Safemode can you get a list from normal mode.

missy1998

missy1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
That was in safemode. It will not run in normal mode. I cannot do anything in normal mode. Is there a way to make it run in normal mode?