Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ERROR 1297 when enabling WINDOWS AUDIO SERVICE

• Please log in to reply

Maria Gent Fortelinni

Maria Gent Fortelinni

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit, DELL Vostro laptop.

After I opened my pc, I noticed the audio icon in the system tray has an "X" beside it. So I immediately went to services.msc, looked for the Windows Audio Service, then I attempted to start it. I got an Error 1297 (A privilege that...) I also checked all the dependencies thread.
The following services were running good:
1) DCOM Server Process Launcher (Status: Started)
2) RPC Endpoint Mapper (Status: Started)
3) Remote Procedure Call (RPC) (Status: Started)
4) Multimedia Class Scheduler (Status: Started)
5) Plug and Play (Status: Started)
6) Windows Audio Endpoint Builder (Status: Started)
7) Power (Status: Started)

***started - all automatic (startup type)

Except, of course, for Windows Audio service.
Respectively, the services mentioned above have these following info in their Properties -> Log On tab

1) DCOM Server Process Launcher
Log on as: Local System account ("Allow service to interact with desktop" not checked)
Contents of the tab were all GRAYED (that is, it cannot be altered)

2) RPC Endpoint Mapper
Log on as: This account (Account's name is "Network Service" with 15 character password)
***I do not know the password

3) Remote procedure Call (similar to RPC Endpoint Mapper)

4) Plug and Play (similar to DCOM)

5) Multimedia Class Scheduler (similar to DCOM)
CAN BE EDITED (not grayed)

6) Windows Audio Endpoint Builder (similar to DCOM, but with "Allow service to interact with desktop" option checked)

7) Power (similar to DCOM)

Speaking of the Properties in my Windows Audio service, when I configured it to log in either of the two options, it just gives me the error 1297. Ltely, I dont know but it gave me an error 1079 - The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.

So from the two errors, I deduced that something is wrong with my Local Security Policy, regarding the logging information. Lately, I JUST PLAYED WITH MY LOCAL SECURITY POLICY (weeks ago?). I tested my pc from BELARC Advisor, and wanting my pc to attain a generally high score (because it just scored like 1.25 out of 10), I followed some instructions there, changing my settings one by one, and so on and so forth.

In my pc, the built-in administrator and guest accounts were both disabled. I made a user account with an administrative rights (because we can choose either a standard or administrator type). I just feel that what if I CAN ALTER THE CONTENTS IN THE PROPERTIES OF THE SERVICES THAT IS "GRAYED OUT", so as to give solution to ERROR 1079. But for the ERROR 1297, I really have no idea. I just reinstalled all the audio drivers (RealTek) but still no luck. I just made a system restore and also chose as startup "LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION" but still no luck.

Please, help. I am just a student, I dont know anything when it comes to editing of registry or typing in command window. I would really appreciate it. Thank you and good day ahead :)

Advertisements

Maria Gent Fortelinni

Maria Gent Fortelinni

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
o sorry wrong thread