Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I can't watch DVD+RW disc that I burned

• Please log in to reply

Yayapara

Yayapara

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz:

I have burned one of my DVD movies onto a SONY DVD+RW disc. It is a Version 1.2 and contains 120 minutes of video recording time. It provides 4.7GB of digital storage space and is high speed media. This disc does not play on my DVD player (which is a Phillips). It reads ERROR and then the disc ejects from the DVD player. It also doesn't play on my Dell notebook. It's like the movie was never recorded. I have a 1ClickDVD burner and it stated that the copying was successful. I tried formatting the disc and I even tried hacking into the DVD player to make it multi-regional, but it still doesn't play the movie. What do you think I might be doing wrong? The disc plays on my friend's DVD player. He has a universal Samsung DVD player. Can you help me out?

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
this simply depends on if the dvd player can decode and play some models can some can't. Try a different brand dvd. Try DVD+R not +RW that could be why maybe even try DVD-R. I can only use +R with my player but my friends Player only plays -R.

Yayapara

Yayapara

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My DVD player is supposed to play DVD+RWs. I also tried playing the disc on a few other DVD players and they don't work either.