Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New Build

• Please log in to reply

SteveHu

SteveHu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello folks,My name is Steve.I am a 49 yr old male.Not a lot of knowledge about computers,but some.I just did a new build due to my last one burning with my house last december.I have an AzzA 1000 full tower.Asus A880Gm Black series Motherboard,AMD phenom 555 dual core 3.20 CPU,8 gigs 1600 corsair ram,A westernD 1 terrabite 64 7200 HDD and a Plextor Blu ray DVD drive.Both being sata I put it together 2 nights ago.I had an error telling me to put in a cd and reboot.I put in the os and nothing and the motherboard cd.It wouldnt go past that until I reset the CMOS.I put the motherboard cd in after putting windows 7 home premium on it.The cd ran for 3 hours.I stopped it accidently and restarted it. it ran for 5 hrs and wouldnt go past the point where it ran for 3 hrs. I got the drivers and stuff installed.I can be doing something and everything goes black for a couple to 5 seconds and returns. nothing is differant or quit running while it happens. I would appreciate all feedback. Thanks and God Bless you

Steve

Edited by SteveHu, 17 October 2011 - 11:12 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
Hi SteveHu and :)
You don`t mention an add on video card are you using the onboard chip? If so after ensuring that the MB @
http://www.ecs.com.t...nuID=19&LanID=0 is yours try installing the latest VGA drivers, post back with the results
+ your PSU details, brand and model name or number.