Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lenovo Enahanced Experience with Windows 7 64 issue

• Please log in to reply

Chris Willis

Chris Willis

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

I recently bought a Lenovo Edge E320 laptop from their internet site. I chose the 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Operating system. When I received the invoice the day before the item arrived, it showed 32-bit. I wanted 64-bit. I argued with Lenovo about this but they wouldn't honour my order or replace the unit, so I'm stuck with it.

The good thing about this laptop is its boot time (RapidBoot Enhanced Experience). It's for specific Lenovo laptops that shave up to 30% off the boot time.

To solve the problem with the wrong OS, I downloaded Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit from DigitalRiver and activated the key (funny that Lenovo provides a key that can activate both 32 and 64 bit Windows). Success: I have the OS I want.

Here's the issue. I no longer have the ehanced boot. There's some Lenovo software called Rapidboot, but it isn't the enhanced. I believe there's a setting done in the factory to add the rapidboot option to the Boot menu in the Bios. There should be three. I only have 'quick' and 'diagnostic'.

My question is: does anybody know how to install Lenovo's enhanced rapidboot back on to this machine?

The Lenovo forum has the following article which doesn't work for me as the software isn't installed. I'd prefer to ask the GeeksToGo. http://forums.lenovo...20s/ta-p/451673

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I think you gave up to easily on getting the computer you ordered. They have no legal leg to stand on if you ordered a 64 bit OS and got a 32 bit, as long as you have proof. It's their fault and you need to make them fix it.

I can't believe they will not do so.

Who did you talk to about this? Did you escalate the problem and to whom?

Alternatively (though I would not accept anything other than a new computer with the correct OS on it), can you get them to send you the Recovery DVD for the 64 bit system? If so, installing that may get you what you want.

Read here for a Recovery DVD: How can I get a Product Recovery CD or DVD?