Are your XP patches uptodate? Especially http://technet.micro...lletin/ms08-067
which points tohttp://www.microsoft...lang=en&id=3205
which installs: Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
McAfee claims that the version of conficker you you have exploits a vulnerability in RPC which is patched by KB958644
I would change the Firewall settings on one of the infected systems to Don't Allow Exceptions then
run OTL and post both logs.
Download OTL fromhttp://www.geekstogo...timers-list-it/
and Save it to your desktop.
Run OTL (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator)
select the All option in the Extra Registry group then Run Scan.
You should get two logs. Please copy and paste both of them.
Might as well also run MBAM, Compfix, TDSSKiller and aswmbr in case it is something more than Conficker:
:!: If you have a previous version of MalwareBytes', remove it via Add or Remove Programs and download a fresh copy. :!:http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
SAVE Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
* The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
* Post that log back here.
:!: If you have a previous version of Combofix.exe, delete it and download a fresh copy. :!:
:!: It must be saved to your desktop, do not run it :!:
:!: Disable your Antivirus software when downloading or running Combofix. If it has Script Blocking features, please disable these as well. See: http://www.bleepingc...opic114351.html
Download and Save this file -- to your Desktop -- from either of these two sources:http://download.blee...Bs/ComboFix.exehttp://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe
Doubleclick on ComboFix to start the program.
* :!: Important: Have no other programs running. Your Task Bar should be clear of any program entries including your Browser.
* A window may open with a series of Disclaimers. Accept the Disclaimers to start the fix. Allow it to install the Recovery Console then Continue. When the scan completes Notepad will open with with your results log open. Do a File, Exit and answer 'Yes' to save changes.
A caution - Do not run Combofix more than once. Do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed, as this may cause the process to stall or your computer to lock. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Even when ComboFix appears to be doing nothing, look at your Drive light. If it is flashing, Combofix is still at work.
A file will be created at => C:\Combofix.txt. I'll need to see that in your reply.
Save it to your desktop then run it.
Double click on TDSSKiller.exe
If TDSSKiller alerts you that the system needs to reboot, please consent.
When done, a log file should be created on your C:
drive named "TDSSKiller.txt" please copy and paste the contents in your next reply.
( 511KB ) to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
change the a-v scan to None.
uncheck trace disk IO calls
Click the "Scan" button to start scan
On completion of the scan (Note if the Fix button is enabled (not the FixMBR button) and tell me) click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply