Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Solid White Middle using CSS

• Please log in to reply

Hitokage

Hitokage

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
http://i56.tinypic.com/2ytwrnq.jpg

The above image is what I'm going for, but can't quite seem to manage across all browsers with CSS. I want the solid white middle bar going through the whole length of the page as a template, and the footer will push down the most content is put into the middle. The bar is currently going behind the footer, which is a png (or gif for the IE6 css).

Any thoughts on the best code to do this? What I've got going isn't working across all browsers.

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Are you using a full image or is just the black portions images for header/footer. If so, the body tag could be set to have the blue background and an inner wrapper div of the right width and centered, can have a white background. The header , if not an image could just use a div with a black background. The footer, would use the fancy image as a background with its text contents over it. The height of the page will depend on the page contents unless you want a fixed height for all pages. Then you'll either have to know the content length for longest page or set a height and control overflow with overflow: auto;

Hitokage

Hitokage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
@Astranut - I'm a little confused about your comments, so I'll try to respond. There's no black on the page, there is a gradient blue to darker blue header and the same gradient on the blue bottom. The header is an image. The header isn't the issue I had, it was more with the white middle I was having issues with. It would stop just above the footer and look awkward. I was trying some other methods, and some would work fine on older browsers and on newer ones, would suddenly make a horizontal scroll.

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Sorry. The image you gave was not a good one so I couldn't tell what colors were for top/bottom. Do you have separate header/footer images? If so, can you attach them (zipped)?. The white can just be a background color. Need the images to try to code it for you. Would you include the HTML/CSS files you are using within the zip?