Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems with new dell inspirion touch pad

• Please log in to reply

NatureLuvr

NatureLuvr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When i am typing on my keyboard, what i have typed sometimes just up and disappears on me or jumps down the page all on its own. It wasn't like this until recently (i had to restore my computer). Now i am really having a problem with it... does something need to be reset or set etc... i remember reading somewhere about an Fsomething key and alt being used could you please help me i am desperate... i bought this computer in july 2011.

this is very frustrating i have lost some very vital information at times.

Thank you, take care

NatureLuvr

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sounds like when you restored you enabled or re-enabled Tap-to-click for your Touchpad. Does the Touchpad icon show in the right side of the Taskbar? If so, right click on it and see if there is a Tap-to-click setting. If yes, uncheck it. If not you can look around in Control Panel / Mouse to see if you can turn it off there.