Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing piceng dll error message

• Please log in to reply

Powerplay2

Powerplay2

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I recently installed Adobe Elements 4.0 and Premiere Elements 2.0 on my Windows XP computer. It installed ok but afterwards I started getting error message that pop up whenever I am on the computer. Message is very annoying and says "application failed to start because pic eng dll is missing. Try reinstalling the application"
I reinstalled the soft ware twice and still keep getting the error message. I have tried Googling to find solutions but unable to find out how to get the pic eng dll that seems to be missing.
Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

Advertisements

muhib1996

muhib1996

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hello Powerplay2, I think you are using very old version and it maybe doesn't support Win XP. The latest version is 10.0, gohere to know more. Same for the Adobe Premiere Element Install the latest versions, hope that it will help you.

Powerplay2

Powerplay2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for trying to help but I don't think it is xp that is the problem as I had this software installed before on another computer and it ran fine. I had to remove it so get rid of annoying pop ups stating the missing dll. Perhaps Adobe doesn;t allow you to use the software once it is already registered to another computer. Ironically, aside from the annoying pop up the adobe elements worked fine.

muhib1996

muhib1996

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Maybe u are right....... You can try the newer versions too. And you are saying that ADOBE doesn't allow same soft in two PC's, then why it will show a MISSING ERROR MESSAGE then? It should show some normal message.
I have a last solution, try REVO UNISNTALLER (www.revouninstaller.com), remove the ADOBE completely and then re-install it.

Edited by sadman1996, 25 October 2011 - 09:52 AM.