Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runner Error "target dll cannot be found" Vista

• Please log in to reply

mazjeep24

mazjeep24

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Installed Service Pack 2 a few days ago and ever since I keep getting this runner error at startup: Could not load the target dll ("C:\ProgramFiles\HP Connections\6811507\6.3.2.139-6811507\Program\BackWeb.dll", error code 5) Everything is disabled as a result of this error; no internet, no printing capabilities, the list goes on.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Read here, see if it helps: Backweb.dll Not Found Error Resolution

mazjeep24

mazjeep24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Read here, see if it helps: Backweb.dll Not Found Error Resolution

I completed as many steps as I could and the issue remains. The only one I could not complete (which incidentally is probably the sure fire solution) is reinstalling Windows Vista because I do not have a Vista disc. It is slightly irritating knowing that 1 day before updating the laptop, I had no issues with it. Upon installing Service Pack 2, I had at one time 6 individual errors preventing different functions, but this is the only error that remains.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the make and model number of your computer?

What about uninstalling SP2 then?

Also, did your computer come with a Recovery Partition on the hard drive? If so, you could backup your data then restore to factory installed state, then install SP1 and Sp2 and all updates immediately, before doing anything else. Once done, restore your data install software as needed/wanted.

Painful but often the only good solution.