Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes won't install!

• Please log in to reply

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have Windows Vista 64/ Please Help, I had itunes 10.3 and tried to update to 10.5, it wouldnt work. so I got all crazy and thought I needed to uninstall the itunes I had so it would work, NOT,still didnt work, then I restored my computer to before I tried to update, but the itunes I had wouldnt even pop up. So Ive been looking through apple forums trying everything they suggest, I fix 1 error and another pops up, I feel like Im screwing my computer up more and more with each thing I try. I need itunes to update my ipod plus I have tons of songs and movies that I cant even get to now:((( this is the latest error, pic attached
My undieing thanks to whoever can help me:)

Attached Thumbnails

• error 3.JPG

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

It sounds like the iTunes uninstall didn't complete for some reason. Revo Uninstaller should take care of what's left. First try the freeware version, if that doesn't work there's free 30 day trial of the professional version.

After forcing the uninstall with Revo, reinstall iTunes.

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yeah, Ive done that, it wont take everything off, after I restart it all shows back up again

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Using Revo you should have the option to scan for leftover registry and file/folder settings. Did you do that?

Here is another iTunes removal tool you can try: http://remove-it.org/tools/byetunes

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yeah, I did that and it deletes most of them right then and says the leftover checked items will be deleted on next restart but they are not deleted. I tried to delete them individually myself but it says I don't have permission even when I take ownership it still says I don't have permission.

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
SO I just tried the ByeTunes and it left all the same stuff that Revo leaves, Ill show a pic, these 3 things plus all their componentserror 4.JPG