Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows XP, hp2390 video, audio and network drivers

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm looking at anything else that needs to be updated which it is showing there are two yet to go. Do you have any ideal what they are?

Advertisements

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Aaa... sorry I gave you wrong information. I run that devmgmt.msc on a wrong computer. Here is the attachment for the right computer, but someone had logged on using vista so I dont know if the device manager will indicate the same items as logging on with winXP. When I log on using XP I will rerun and send you the info.

Thanks alot!

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK that screenshot shows everything working correctly. I will wait for the XP screenshot to verify everything. Unless you are seeing a issue still I would say the root of your problem has been corrected and now we are just looking for anything else that may need attention at this time. :)

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Otherwise the two more that need updating are the "Other Devices" HP Integrated Module and the Unknown Device... Is that right? :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes I'm just not sure what they are. One way to find out is to delete them and watch when Windows tries to install them. It should tell you what it looking for while searching.

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Ok I will do that, then I will see what they are. Will inform you of the outcome. Regards!

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi. Am stuck again. My laptop wasnt working and I formatted it. I now am not able to find audio drivers please. Its operating in Windows xp, and its hp6720s. Any luck for drivers please? Last time I saved, but I have only found the network and video, not audio please. Could I have some help please?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
All original drivers are HERE

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks for the reply and the link. However, flashget is just showing that files are in queue for downloading, but I have tried to start download but its not downloading at all. What do I do next? :rolleyes:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Flashget has constantly had a problem with issues since the beginning. I'm not sure why you are using it anyway as you should only be getting the audio driver from your description. You don't need a download manager for that. Download the file normally without flashget and you should have no problems.

Advertisements

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I wanted to download normally but it refused, then it redirected me to flashget. This is what was shown on the computer

ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following URL could not be retrieved: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38501-39000/sp38529.exe

Squid sent the following FTP command:

RETR sp38529.exe
and then received this reply
Can't build data connection: Connection timed out.This might be caused by an FTP URL with an absolute path (which does not comply with RFC 1738). If this is the cause, then the file can be found at ftp://ftp.hp.com/%2f/pub/softpaq/sp38501-39000/sp38529.exe.

Your cache administrator is root.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Tue, 26 Jun 2012 19:19:02 GMT by mail.macoha.org (squid/2.6.STABLE21)

so it redirected me to flashget. What do I do?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I have downloaded the file for you. Checked it for any malware and it is clean. You can download from HERE

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi. Thanks for the sound drivers, I have managed to download and have save the file again. Sorry I was again downloading the graphics driver file, but the following happened again:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

The following URL could not be retrieved: ftp://ftp.hp.com/%2f/%2f/pub/softpaq/sp37501-38000/sp37707.exe

Squid sent the following FTP command:

RETR sp37707.exe
and then received this reply
Can't build data connection: Connection timed out.This might be caused by an FTP URL with an absolute path (which does not comply with RFC 1738). If this is the cause, then the file can be found at ftp://ftp.hp.com/%2f/%2f/%2f/pub/softpaq/sp37501-38000/sp37707.exe.

Your cache administrator is root.

Generated Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:45:26 GMT by mail.macoha.org (squid/2.6.STABLE21)

Please assist me again, sorru to keep bothering you. :help:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Same as above graphics driver located HERE :thumbsup:

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi, Thanks alot, all is well now, I have managed to download the drivers. Thanks :D