Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

False Alerts On Anti Virus Scans

• Please log in to reply

kathgirl

kathgirl

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello!
My name is Maureen, and I welcome any help that I get.
The problem that I have been having is usually upon the daily anti virus scans. I use Avira AntiVir Personal and use COMODO Firewall. I also have Autorun Eater and Scotty is on patrol. :yes: When my daily scan runs with Avira, I get pop up messages constantly that I have to close via the red x. My computer is also very sluggish and, I don't know if this is relevant, but it sometimes sounds like it is running very hard. Hope that makes sense. I have an HP machine that is about 5 or 6 years old and I am running Windows XP.
I am quite computer illitearate, so please bear with me. I hope that this is good info for you.
TY!
Maureen :)

Advertisements