Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

best/combination boot cd

• Please log in to reply

pamfree

pamfree

• Pip
  • 1 posts
is there a way to put all the best malware cleaners on one boot cd so that i can just put the cd/dvd in and run it to clean the pc? and is it possible to use a cd-rw so the latest definitions can be downloaded either after booting off the cd or simply putting the cd in a cd-drive and copying them to a folder?

the reason i'd like to do it this way is because we have lots of slow PCs at our workplace and i don't want to run OTL/hijackthis on them all 1 by 1 when malware probably isn't even the problem. i'd just like to run a scan so i can remove any common malware and then defrag it and run chkdsk. if there is a way to automate that as well (so i just boot off the cd and leave it and it runs a malware scan, defrags it and checks the disk as well as anything else anyone can think of to speed up a slow pc), i'd be really, really grateful :)

v.sorry if i'm being a bit thick or posting incorrectly in any way but i'm a bit dizzy and slightly dyslexic!

Advertisements