Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Xp Freezes

• Please log in to reply

Musicmaniac

Musicmaniac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello im new here this is prolly been mention alot ....
but im stucked and have no more options and need your help if u all can.

i been making music on my comp for about 3 years i just put new hard drive in because wanted to update from other hard drive, before i lost my data because it started to make noise (myold one) .
Anyways i put the new hard drive in started my day on making music, listenig to music on windows media etc ,
then notice it would freeze lock up on me then i needed to reset the comp to get back to my windows......i check my bios it was very hot 150 degrees....
so i cleaned all the cpu etc all parts ....
i put the greese on the processer and that medal thing i forget whats it called ....
then restarted comp and temp whent down to about 80 -90

so now its still doing it .....any thing i can use to check whats wrong or is my fan bad memeory ...any help would be great ..thanks

jay

p.s. it just started doing it the past two months
thanks

Advertisements