Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with COD Black Ops and GTA IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

anuvab1911

anuvab1911

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Recently I bought a new HP DV6 6121-TX (4 GB RAM,2 GB ATI Radeon 6770M Graphics Card,Intel Core i7 2nd Gen. processor & 640 GB HD).I have installed COD Black Ops and GTA IV.COD used to run with a lag so I chose to update my graphics drivers(I had already tried setting the profile of the application to High Performance).The game somewhat seemed to run faster after I installed the 11.10 Preview 3 Hotfix.But then GTA IV which used to run fine before I performed the update is seriously running at very low FPS.

Another problem,my COD game does not have any sound during gameplay,it is fine during the intro videos;also after starting from the house and following the person,then driving the car,the scene ends and when in the next scene it opens,it says "Checkpoint saved" but when i save and exit the game and restart it the next time I have to start it all over from the begging(I chose to resume)

Advertisements

muhib1996

muhib1996

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
You are having sound problem in COD-BLACK OPS because the main problem is in your installation file/disk. And if it's pirated, there is 100% surity of this. Please reduce resulation and performance and it may work well. And sorry for your GTA IV problem, there's no solution to me. I am having problem to understand you question clearly.

muhib1996

muhib1996

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
You are not replying, you should let me/us know what happened at last.

anuvab1911

anuvab1911

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Excuse me for the delay.I do admit that the disk is a pirated one.But still after reducing resolutions and even trying to run the program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 as suggested elsewhere on the internet,I could not get the problem solved.And about trying the reinstallation,I would do that and reply next time.

muhib1996

muhib1996

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
You know, when I played COD Black OPS, I also faced a lots of problem. Whenever I faced the problems, I got my computer back to a previous state and played again. You should disable the new updates you installed.
And the main thing is, if you use Windows 7, u will face various problems with it, nothing to do. COD runs well in Vista,.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Excuse me for the delay.I do admit that the disk is a pirated one.But still after reducing resolutions and even trying to run the program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 as suggested elsewhere on the internet,I could not get the problem solved.And about trying the reinstallation,I would do that and reply next time.

According to our Terms of Use:

The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software or services illegally.

You have admitted to using a pirated copy of this software. I'm closing this topic; you'll get no help here with any illegal software.