Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wieird Audio Issue

• Please log in to reply

cramm789

cramm789

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,
A while back i started using a headphones during the night to use my computer so I don't wake my wife. I noticed that it won't automatically switch from the normal speakers to the headphones and I have to go into control panel/ sounds and switch the default speakers from the external speakers to the head phones any time I want to switch them which as of late has been almost everyday so it gets old after a while. If anyone has a quick fix for this it would be much appreciated! Thank you before hand!
Cramm

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the make and model number of the computer? Does it have a separate PCI sound card or is it onboard (built into the mother board)? If separate, what is the make and model number?

cramm789

cramm789

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's a custom built machine and it is on board sound. The motherboard make and model is "Intel DP55wb Media Series"

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Are you sure the connection from the mother board to the front audio header is right? From what I can see it has a Jack detection so in theory should shut off the main sound when a headphone is plugged in.

See here: Intel DP55wb Media Series

You could try contacting Intel via E-mail and see what they say.

cramm789

cramm789

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you Ill look into it more with intel and respond if I run out of ideas Thanks again