Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Error 5 Access Denied!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Flosh

Flosh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI,(im new)
I was experimenting with my new Windows 7 CMD and i found out that when i type in the command "shutdown -i" the response is "system error 5" and "access is denied". I tried to restart my sisters laptop (as a prank) on our home network but the error message comes up. My account is admin and all files are shared...

Help pls i want to prank her for her B-day pls pls

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
That is a lousy prank and we will not help you with it. Whether you think it funny or not, your improper syntax makes it clear you don't have a thorough understanding of your actions and I assure you, if it caused any of her school papers, photos or other important data to be lost or corrupted, your sister, and your mommy and daddy won't think it funny either.

If you want to prank her, buy her a funny birthday card.