Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need NEW Suggestions for Install/uninstall ITUNES

• Please log in to reply

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Havent found a Solution Yet

I have Windows Vista 64/ Please Help, I had itunes 10.3 and tried to update to 10.5, it wouldnt work. so I got all crazy and thought I needed to uninstall the itunes I had so it would work, NOT,still didnt work, then I restored my computer to before I tried to update, but the itunes I had wouldnt even pop up.

Ive used Revo Uninstaller/I tried Byetunes,and I still cant get all apple components off my computer. I dont even knoe if thats what i need to do to get Itunes to install. I have a large music library including movies that I cant even get to. Please help

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Do you still need assistance with this issue?

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
oh yeah, please

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
What happens if you try to install iTunes again? Do you get any specific error messages?

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
yes, I get a different one each time, I attach pics

Attached Thumbnails

• error 3.JPG
  • errors a.JPG

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Are you logged in as an Administrator? Can you right click on the iTunes setup file and choose "Run as Administrator" and see if it will install correctly?

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yes I tried that and it still says I dont have permission. When I try to take ownership, windows crashes and wont let me, I am able to expand and delete some of the many files that are there, by taking ownership individually, but not all of them. I have Apple Mobile Device Support in my Common Files that I cant get rid of,and Apple Software Update in my Program Files(x86)

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Can you create another user with Administrative privileges at try the installation under that user?

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
How do I do that?

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Nevermind, figured it out, Set up New user w/ administrator priviledges, logged off everyone else, tried to install itunes and still got error see pic

Attached Thumbnails

• error 5.JPG

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Tutorial for running chkdsk in Vista\Win 7 located HERE.

Go HERE and read the tutorial that shows how to do SFC or System File Checker and running in a Elevated Command Prompt in Vista and Win7.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Weird. I has a reply all typed out but I must have forgot to hit submit. But it went something like this:

If it isn't working from the new user account we've narrowed it down to a system wide issue permissions problem and not just a user specific. I'm not sure what would cause problems like this so I'm going to ask for additional help from rshaffer61.

Please follow rshaffer61's suggestions and report back with the results.

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Did the check disk thing, still cant install itunes same error message and still cannont delete all apple components on computer:(

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you done the second set of instructions I posted in post 11? :)

Michelle Collins Beatty

Michelle Collins Beatty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Just did the Registry Booster it says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"