Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Game is very slow

• Please log in to reply

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello,im new here and i got a problem related to an online game that i play. I used to play it on my old laptop but it died a month ago and i buyed a new one. This laptop isnt the best but it should support the game without any laggs/slowness. Everytime i join a server and start the game is slow.My character moves slower than it should and sometimes freezes even on lowest graphics.I tried the game offline and it had no slow thing at all on highest graphics. I thought that it was the internet but i used to play on same internet on my old laptop and the game was working perfect.

My computer: Windows 7. Processor: AMD E-350 Processor(2CPUs), ~ 1.6 GHz. Memory: 6144MB RAM. Directx 11. AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics. Approx.Total memory: 2983MB.

Game requirements: Operating system: Windows XP or Windows Vista
CPU: Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz
RAM: 512 MB (1Gb on Windows Vista)
Video Card: 64MB DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above. (AGP and PCIe only)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Hard Drive space: 1Gb of space is required to install the game
Internet connection: 256kbit Cable/DSL connection

I also like to sit in chats and talk to people.I noticed that in some chats, the smiles are very slow for me,unless i close everything except the chat window,then they are fine.My laptop is able to play games like Dead Space on highest settings with almost no lag,what can be the problem with that game?
I want to know if its something serious or just the internet problem.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hi BasicHunter and :yes:
May be caused by your network adapter and possibly its driver being out of date.
Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the above instructions :)
Can you also let us know what web browser/s and anti virus programs you are using.

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello.First i want to say thank you for your help :). I have followed the instructions you wrote, i hope i did it all right. The link which you asked is http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24616837 (i hope it is the right one). My browsers are: Opera,Firefox,IE,Google chrome. Antivirus is Avast.
P.S Im sorry for my bad english

l3th4l

l3th4l

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
He used to play modern warfare 2 without lag, so wouldn't it be weird for a network card issue?

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yeah. But it took me alot of time to find a server.Sometimes didnt find any at all.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello.First i want to say thank you for your help :yes:. I have followed the instructions you wrote, i hope i did it all right. The link which you asked is http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24616837 (i hope it is the right one). My browsers are: Opera,Firefox,IE,Google chrome. Antivirus is Avast.
P.S Im sorry for my bad english

Thank you for the link and like your English it is fine :)
Ok there are more than one possible cause so the process of elimination is the best approach, there are other items that require your attention and I will come to those next.

First off I notice that you have utorrent installed, I personally have never had anything to do with torrents but what I do know is that they can cause harm to your computer and that you have a high risk of Malware Infection from them due to the illegal activities of the hackers who use torrents to transmit copyrighted and cracked software, that said below is some information regarding uTorrent which may explain your present issue;

Conduit Toolbar controversy

As of late 2010, some controversy has arisen with the release of a new version of the uTorrent client. The installation now includes adware in the form of the Conduit Engine, which installs a toolbar and makes homepage and default search engine changes to the user's browser. While most have had the option to opt-out of this feature, some users have reported that this installation is made without the user's consent, either installing this software and making these changes without notifying the user, or still going ahead after the user has explicitly opted out.[52] In addition, there have been complaints that the software is extremely difficult to remove once installed.[53]
Full article http://en.wikipedia..../wiki/ÎśTorrent
Best bit of advice I can offer is get rid of uTorrent immediately and let us know if the issue is resolved but if not see below;

Why do you have so many web browsers? Try uninstalling them one at a time to see if performance improves, remove Firefox first and IE last, when you get down to IE (if necessary) reinstall another browser preferably Google as back up, let us know the results.
You also have http://www.complitly.com/Faq.aspx installed so bundle that with the other internet tools and it will not help your internet speed, leave it be for now though whilst you address the browser possibility.

Anther concern that I noticed is that you have an AMD product video card fitted but you also have Nvidea software installed on the laptop, see below,

NVIDIA PhysX
(9.09.1112)

From the Nvidea homepage;

Can I use an NVIDIA GPU as a PhysX processor and a non-NVIDIA GPU for regular display graphics?
No. There are multiple technical connections between PhysX processing and graphics that require tight collaboration between the two technologies. To deliver a good experience for users, NVIDIA PhysX technology has been fully verified and enabled using only NVIDIA GPUs for graphics.

Full article http://www.nvidia.co.../physx_faq.html
Again best advice is to remove the Nvidea software from your laptop completely, don`t forget to also take care of the two issues highlighted by PCPitstop, click on them and you will be advised on what needs to be done.

NB: For the record I am not suggesting that you have used uTorrent for illegal downloads, I am only advising you of the dangers of using such services and even paid for ones.

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Okay,thank you, i will try that.I already removed all browsers but no improvement. I have uninstalled NVIDIA physx and still nothing helps. Is there any other way?

Edited by BasicHunter, 25 October 2011 - 10:28 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Ok the general consensus about uninstalling utorrent is to simply delete the exe file and any short cuts.
Check http://uninstallers.blogspot.com/ if you have any problems removing it.
Post back when you have done the above and we can take it from there if needs be.

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Uninstalled utorrent,nvidia,browsers.But still doesnt help :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Ok, try flushing the DNS cache "how to below"

1.Click the start button and navigate to the command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt)
2.Make sure that you right click on the command prompt application and choose "Run as Administrator"
3.Type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns"

If this doesn`t work we need to look elsewhere.

Advertisements

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Tried.The game become a little faster in the start but later become slow again.I wonder if it is my internet?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Check out your internet service http://www.cnet.co.u...band-speedtest/

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Your line speed: 4425kbps

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
I was hoping for more information than that (internet is not my strong point) see if PCPitstop tells us anything
http://www.pcpitstop...net/default.asp your present speed does not look bad but it may drop significantly when transferring large packets of data such as streaming videos and gaming.

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Download speed: 4.92 Mbps Upload speed: 0.33 Mpbs
Ping: 76ms