Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

(Solved) Nasty virus and/or dying OS/Drivers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Coeco

Coeco

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi once again Geekstogo! Been having quite the array of errors this month and after running several in-depth virus scans, I decided to look for help here after not finding anything besides adware.

Basically the biggest problem I'm having is my explorer/interface/desktop whatever you may call it. It wont let me alt+tab to change windows but instead it blinks for a nanosecond and automatically closes the little browsing tab you get. If i hold alt+tab in, It will rapidly flash, trying it's hardest to close it down.

The same goes with my taskbar for example if I want to arrange the icons by drag n dropping, an icon will only be dragged slightly if I click n move it very quickly, otherwise it will simply act like I clicked the icon, ignoring the holding down part. And if I click an icon on the taskbar that has more than two windows (Windows 7) that will flicker up the menu followed by instantly closing.

I first noticed this around October 3, where the little light on/off touch-sensitive button on my keyboard wouldn't reply correctly, forcing me to press it several times (Not dry fingers/dirty display) until today, where It simply wont obey to any interaction (1/100 chance) besides the normal keyboard functions and It periodically started getting worse after that which is why I think it may be malware related seeing how I don't recall installing any new/conflicting drivers.

There are also cases where even dropdown menus in video games would behave the same, flickering wildly as i try to pan down with the mouse (without holding in) to select a setting/country etc. Oh and, programs also don't open up on top as they used to, nor do they display the full name/info when you hold your mouse over an icon on the desktop.

I'll stop my rant now and let whoever decides to help get to work.

UPDATE:

It turns that I was getting multiple installations of the same driver software thanks to a lovely program called Logitech SetPoint every time I restarted my computer which is why the symptoms were getting progressively worse and why resetting the drivers once didn't do anything. Sorry for the hassle and feel free to delete this topic.

Edited by Coeco, 24 October 2011 - 04:26 PM.

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.