Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help re speeding up windows xp

• Please log in to reply

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Noth aht this is of real vaulue, but you could try edonkey 2000, it strikes me as a decent program thats good for downloadin tv shows... :tazz:

Peace be with you

Advertisements

stpaulibhoy

stpaulibhoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
it says NTFS

exactly wat should i do?

Thanks in advance again gerryf

TimDog

TimDog

• Pip
  • 4 posts

it says NTFS

exactly wat should i do?

Thanks in advance again gerryf

View Post

To install Win ME you will first have to format your hard drive in FAT32. This can be done during the installation process. Just make sure that you back up all your data first and of course you will have to reinstall all your programs as well.

You will need the Win ME boot disks to start the install....then it will prompt you to format your drive....then continue installing windows.

The best way to increase your performance if you want to keep Win XP would be to add more RAM....how much do you have at the moment? Also...you can probably find an upgrade for your processor for very cheap as well. Those two things should really help you out.

Also as someone else mentioned, make sure that you defrag your hard disk at least once a month....personally I defrag once a week.

Hope this helps.