Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Unzipping docx in OpenOffice

• Please log in to reply

Bubba Beluga

Bubba Beluga

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been trying to open a zipped file with no luck. It is a docx and I am opening it in OpenOffice, which is usually no problem. I have extracted the file with 7-Zip, BitZipper, and WinZip, and I always have the same problem: a dialog box asks me which character set I want, and after I guess, I always get a mishmash of Xs etc. One more fact: the person who zipped the file uses Mac.

What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Ask the person to send it you again.
The fact a Mac is being used is irrelevant. The file is probably corrupt.

Bubba Beluga

Bubba Beluga

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Neil. It was off a discussion board and everyone else seemed to be able to access it just fine.

Advertisement