Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Am I compatible?

• Please log in to reply

Tommy Timebomb

Tommy Timebomb

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
please disregard as i have found my answer

Edited by Tommy Timebomb, 25 October 2011 - 01:43 PM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I am glad you found your solution, but deleting the question and not providing the solution doesn't help anybody else. Sharing information is what forums are all about. It would have been better if you just replied, providing the solution so others may benefit from your findings too.

Tommy Timebomb

Tommy Timebomb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Soz about that.
My question was regarding is my hp xw8000 workstation compatible with win7 but I should have started with a google search...
I am at this minute downloading a compat test program from the Microsoft site.

Thanks.
Tom.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Thanks.

Understand that while your hardware may be compatible with Windows 7, if considering upgrading from XP, you most likely will not see any performance increase. In fact, it may seem slower in some cases. W7 was designed for today's hardware. If upgrading from Vista, it should be a wash - but Windows 7 is safer so I would still do it from Vista.

Tommy Timebomb

Tommy Timebomb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks Digerati,
As per usuall nothing is straight forward... Decisions Decisions! :)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hey, it is all clear as mud. The important thing is to do your homework before jumping off the cliff. And running the upgrade advisor is a big part of that. :)