Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer Aspire won't boot

• Please log in to reply

PatsyPat1

PatsyPat1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My Acer Aspire x1700 won't boot after it's been left going into sleep mode. ( After re-installing windows 7 family pack I was downloading-executing chipset drivers when I left to get some food... and I'm not sure wether its the sleep mode or the driver that installed and caused the crash(altough I think it's the sleep mode since you have to click and confirm driver installation)

I had a similar issue with another computer left in sleep mode- I had to toggle off the power switch at the back of that computer for 15 seconds then back ON and it started.

So I tried unplugging the power cord on for 15 secs- even minutes, and it didnt work.

The computer looks plain dead, there is no sound nor light coming out of it.

How can I bring it back to life?

Thanks
Pat

Advertisements