Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win NT boot error: explorer.exe divide by 0

• Please log in to reply

mectech

mectech

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I know, but I still have an NT machine that I cannot get to go past the login screen. Windows NT shows the login screen, then I get a Dr Watson error: An application error has occurred, application log being generated - Explorer.exe, Exception: divide by zero (0xc0000094) address: 0x71733f7a.
Anyone have any clue what to do? I end up with a blank screen and cannot access anything. I must get some files off the hard drive of this machine, otherwise I would wipe it and start all over.
Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
possible malware, possible memory gone bad....what kind of media do you have for a reinstall?

You're typing on another computer--what kind? Can you remove the drive and rescue the data?

Guest_yezpahr_*

Guest_yezpahr_*
If you have the money to buy a new harddisk, buy one and let it be placed (or place it yourself). You can set the broken disk as Secondary and retrieve the stuff. You will then have 2 harddisks. :tazz:

May I suggest something? Buy a really really good new 10K rpm harddisk of 160 GB. It rocks and only costs about 160 dollars. But you will have some really nice harddisk that won't brake down all of a sudden. You could keep that old harddisk as back-up for when you are struck by virus' or Trojans.

mectech

mectech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The computer I am typing on is a Win2000 computer. I could take the disk out of the computer in question and attach it to my computer to pull the files off of it. This computer in question does not access the internet or email, so it must be that the memory is bad?
I don't actually have to re-use this computer becuase it is a (ready?) pentium 75 and it is headed for the trash bin.
so, if you think just removing the hard drive to pull the files off, then that is what I will do.

thanks!!