Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Won't Load

• Please log in to reply

JaimeF

JaimeF

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all,

I am new here, and not all that "tech-savy" so I'm hoping someone can help me :)

We have a computer in the office where IE will work just fine in the morning. Once you close the IE window, and then try to go to it again later, nothing loads. Doesn't even give me a "page cannot be displayed" message or anything. Just a blank page. We reboot the computer and it works just fine.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can trouble shoot and fix this problem?

Thanks so much!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks to go !

What version of Internet Explorer is it? Click tools in the browser, then click About Internet Explorer

Running Internet Explorer in No add ons Mode may be a good start to troubleshooting this issue. Tell us the version # you're using.

The No-addons mode in Internet Explorer is rather useful when you want to trouble shoot incompatible browser add-ons or extensions.

http://www.thewindow...no-add-ons-mode

Edited by zep516, 26 October 2011 - 01:15 PM.

JaimeF

JaimeF

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry, I meant to post that but clearly forgot...

IE 9

Thanks

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Ok,

Try it in the No add ons Mode. This will disable add ons as described in the link provided in post #2, and is a good way to troubleshoot various issues with Internet Explorer. If it does resolve it then it's a matter of figuring what add on is causing the issue.

Edited by zep516, 26 October 2011 - 02:22 PM.

JaimeF

JaimeF

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Once I get it in the No Add Ons mode, what am I looking for?

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Just use Internet Explore as you usually would, see if the problem below,

Once you close the IE window, and then try to go to it again later, nothing loads

Goes away.