Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TV Tuner troubles

• Please log in to reply

shawneton

shawneton

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok, so I have a Sony Vaio Desktop, which came with the Giga Pocket software and encoder/ tuner card. I upgraded my system to MCE 2005. The Giga pocket card is incompatible with MCE 2005, so I bought an ATI E home wonder for MCE 2005. It works great w/ MCE, but I have to disable the Giga Pocket card first. I was hoping I could record something with Giga pocket while watching something else in MCE 2005. If both cards are enabled though, niether will work. MCE 2005 tells me that the card cannot be found or is being used by some other application.

Is there anyway to let these 2 cards coexist? Thanks for any input.

Shawn

Advertisements

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I dont have a clue but im bored an the others that might be able to assist you are probly busy fighting haxors off in some distant corner of the cyber lanes... so ... im gona pretend that media center is structered similarly to xp an 98, which brings me to the question, have you checked your control panels device manager? Perhaps your two cards share an i.d. or resources that wont allow em to run together ? perhaps you could risk your system stability by adjusting thier irqs or whatever other resources they share? Or you could wait for a professional or at least a person whos used mediacenter and is competent, but if your impatient, reckless, then check out their resources an see if they share any... if your reckless and are tempted to go to the darkside then dont go into your bios to adjust the systems resource and pci settings, dangerous such reckless behavior, anger, frustration, the darkside are these. Dont go into the bios, because if you do, never to see the computer function will you be likely to do. However, if you do, read up on this link to know how to reset it if you do. ----> http://www.geekstogo..._me-t30826.html

Edited by Destructo Roboto, 05 June 2005 - 01:36 AM.