Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 image .nrg file

• Please log in to reply

hpmtissera

hpmtissera

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

This may seems to be a foolish questions. I have windows 7 installed in my computer. There is a windows7 image file .nrg in my hard drive.

But i am not sure whether this is the image file i used to install windows 7 on my computer.

I want to find whether this is the same image file i used to install my current windows installation. how to find that without write the file into a dvd or installing it in a virtual machine.

I can manage without knowing this, but i guess it will be interesting to know.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks to go !

Not sure if this will totally answer your question, but some information never the less.
A .nrg file is a proprietary CD image file format used by Nero Burning ROM, a utility suite made by Nero AG, to create and burn ISO 9660 CD images.

Other than Nero Burning ROM, a variety of software titles can use these image files. For example, Power ISO, Alcohol 120%, or Daemon Tools can mount NRG files onto virtual drives for reading.

Contrary to popular belief, .nrg files are not ISO images with .nrg extension and a header attached. For technical details on the nrg format, see below.

http://en.wikipedia....G_(file_format)

Thank you for using Geeks to go!