Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant remove emails from Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply

Kev Lee

Kev Lee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HI new to this so please bare with me.
I have outlook 2007 running on my pc windows 7 and have been running this for some years. I have noticed that I have an issue with deleting old emails.
After much messing about I have moved two sub folders into my deleted items bin but trying to remove them from there gives me the most helpful message' the messaging interface has returned an unknown error'
I have no viruses on my pc, ScanPST finds no problems, I can delete everything but these two sub folders, even if I move them back into my personal folders.If I select individual emails in these folders, I get the same message. If I go email by email, I am however able to delete any attachments the emails might have.

My .pst file is around 1.2gig in size.

At a loss of what might be the problem?
Help please?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Under Help you will see Office Diagnostics, you might try that. See also, http://office.micros...A010075831.aspx

Kev Lee

Kev Lee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry I should have said I have run the diagnostics all is fine.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

sorry I should have said I have run the diagnostics all is fine.

You did say you ran ScanPST so my fault.

You say you have been running Outlook or several years. Could that pst have come from a previous version of Outlook? I note on user found that Outlook 2003 or earlier pst files are limited to about 2Gb size. Exporting the pst, making a new pst under Outlook 2007, then importing again resolved the issue.

Exporting now might be a good idea anyway, just to have a backup while trying to sort this out.

Kev Lee

Kev Lee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
it is possible that the pst has come from an earlier version but I have never reached 2 gig so did not think this was a problem. I am happy to make a new one but can you tell me what I need to do?

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
This is treading into territory I am not real familiar with, and not sure it will fix your problem either. My biggest concern now is you losing all your email, contacts, calendar appointments, etc.

I recommend you make sure you have a back up first. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070

Then this article seems like a good tutorial on how to make a new pst file: http://www.groovypos...r-outlook-2007/