Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop freezes when playing music/video.

• Please log in to reply

warrio1010

warrio1010

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Seems to be predominantly music. When playing the laptop will just freeze for a couple mins with no response to anything and the sound goes into ultra slo-mo then cuts out. Never happens when video or music aren't playing and it isn't application specific, youtube, WMP, VLC, itunes all have problems. I've asked at some other forums and have been advised to reinstall drivers and such. I did a factory restore the other day to clean it up but still the same problem. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks a lot.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi warrio1010 and :)
Please provide the laptops details, brand and model name or number (not serial).
It may be a driver issue or it may not be, heat and a failing audio chip are also possibilities as is a poor connection.

warrio1010

warrio1010

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for replying.
The specs are
HP G62
2.13 GHz
250 HDD
2Gb RAM
Windows 7

Yeah i tried updating drivers in device manager but ill do it through HP, see what happens.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
There are a lot of variations of the G62 http://www8.hp.com/u...rt-drivers.html