Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

window suddenly minimizes.

• Please log in to reply

raquibird

raquibird

• Pip
  • 8 posts
While I'm typing, the active window suddenly minimizes, and another window opens. When I go to the taskbar to bring back the minimized window, often I'm returned to the bottom of the original window. I'm not accidentally touching the mouse when I'm typing. A post from 2008 suggested going to control panel and finding freezing the mouse while typing, but there is no such setting available. Can you please help me? I am finishing a total backup so that I can do a factory reinstall, but I'd rather not do that. I've done every virus check I can - malware, c cleaner, Trend, and nothing is found. What concerns me about doing a factory reinstall is that this is an Acer computer with Win 7, and no CDs came with the laptop. So I'm supposed to just activate the OS after wiping the drive clean, and I'm concerned that whatever is wrong is also lurking inside of the OS. Thank you so much.

One more thing - this also happens if I'm only using the touchpad - nothing else. (I've used 'mouse', but I've meant touchpad)/

Edited by raquibird, 27 October 2011 - 03:04 PM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
You say another windows opens - what other window?

raquibird

raquibird

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

You say another windows opens - what other window?

Any window that happens to be open. If only the minimizing window is open, then the desktop is what suddenly is there.

raquibird

raquibird

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I ran the OTL and have the notepad info and am directed to go to the other forum and post problem and log. Hopefully you will follow me there

Thanks again.

raquibird

raquibird

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am not understanding and don't know which different forum...so here is log - and I'll await your reply.
Oh..log is huge. Shall I paste into word doc and attach to this?
I will attempt to attach to this. Just rec'd notice that I have passed my limit of posts and need to wait a while.

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.Txt   88.5KB   26 downloads

Edited by raquibird, 27 October 2011 - 05:21 PM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
Just post your log here: http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/

raquibird

raquibird

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello - I posted the log as you requested - have you sent me back any information? And if so, in which forum would I find it?

Thanks so much.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts

Hello - I posted the log as you requested - have you sent me back any information? And if so, in which forum would I find it?

Thanks so much.

Hi raquibird
Digerati is not on line at the moment so I will try and clarify the instructions previously given and move things along for you, the OTL that you post are not used here as only the specially trained and indeed qualified Malware Techs use them and this is why Digerati directed you to the Malware Forum - the appropriate place for the OTL log, please follow the instructions below I think it will help your understanding;
I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will assist you.