Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Icons are blurred

• Please log in to reply

Navpreet

Navpreet

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Please check the image i uploaded and tell me how to fix those icons and if possible please let me know what caused this

Attached Thumbnails

• q.jpg

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks to go !

It looks like possible video or monitor problem. Have you tried a simple reboot of the computer? Or a System Restore to a time before this problem surfaced. I would also consider connecting another monitor if available to see if problem goes away.

Is that an old monitor (CRT) type?

Edited by zep516, 28 October 2011 - 09:49 AM.

Navpreet

Navpreet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes i did try not once but lots of reboots but its still the same
No i didnt do system restore before this happened.Actually i have never done that before.
It was still the same in another monitor
And i have an hp lcd screen and not crt.
So can you now tell me if it could be a virus or what is it and how to fix this ?
Thanx

Edited by Navpreet, 01 November 2011 - 10:14 AM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hi,
If 2 Monitors do the same thing then it maybe a Video card or Video card driver issue.

Could you provide the Make and Model # of the computer for me.

In the mean time lets look in the Device Manager this is where all the devices the computer uses are listed. We will look for the Display Adapter on yours.
Device Manager can be easily accessed by:

Click start then click run. When the run box opens copy or type this devmgmt.msc into the empty box and hit ok. Once device manager opens. Look for Display Adapters click the + sign to the left of Display Adapters, this will expand the list for you. Right click on the adapter choose uninstall. Reboot the computer and see if that helps.

Let me know how that works.
Please provide the make and Model #

Edited by zep516, 01 November 2011 - 11:10 AM.

Navpreet

Navpreet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well that didnt worked out either.
Please let me know of some other way to fix it.
By the way the model name is NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE and the manufacturer is NVIDIA

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
When you get time could I have the make and model of the computer? And verify the operating System installed.

What I'd like to try to first is open the computer case and reseat the video card by taking it out and putting back in. See if that has any results. If not,

Then try downloading the driver directly from the NVIDIA site below,

http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us

The video card could have also failed too.

Navpreet

Navpreet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey um guess what my desktop has restored back to normal automatically and i didnt do nothing.
Well thanks anyways for your support. :-)
Goodbye

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
You're welcome. Glad to hear it's back to normal for now. Maybe some connection is loose somewhere.