Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RocketFish psu restarts after shut down

• Please log in to reply

Mcnorien

Mcnorien

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Was told I was lying about this problem at a local Second Source shop. SOOO, here we go. When I turn the back power switch on my computer, my RocketFish 750 watte psu immediatly starts up and stutters on and off. Once I push the turn on button on front of the computer all goes fine. Boots up and runs w/o any problems. When I shut down all goes as normal. Complete shutdown for OS, but then, once again, stuttering on and off with the psu until I turn off the power using the switch on the back of the computer.
I have had this problem for a year and a half so I don't think it's the psu in its death throes. I have an asus A8n-e, WHICH, since I bought it has shown a flash screen for the Asus A8-5x. The mobo says A8N-E on it. Does problem involve wrong bios? Dis Asus stamp worng numbers on mobo and this is problem?

Thanks for any help thrown my way.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts
Hi Mcnorien and :)
Best piece of advice is to replace the PSU a.s.a.p it sounds like it has a bad internal connection.
There are no user serviceable components inside a PSU so if faulty they should be discarded as not only
can they fry your system they have the potential to kill if not by electrocution then by fire.
Here are a couple of links to help make you better aware of the quality of PSUs;
http://www.10stripe....d/psu/brand.php + http://www.tomshardw...upply,2862.html and