Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Lan - Dell Dimension 4600 - Windows xp help

• Please log in to reply

araknafobe

araknafobe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have a dell dimension 4600 2.4 2g ram - running Windows XP.

I have just installed a wireless pci 300M 1EEE802.11 b/g/n, but my pc is not seeing my wireless internet hub.

The wireless lan card is showing in my hardware Lan list but has a red X on it and it says Not Connected.

This came with Ralink software which I installed, but I am running it as windows Zero config. I have tried all sorts of tests but it cannot see the outside wireless hub, even though that is transmitting ok. Any suggestions.

When I go to 'View available wireless networks' it comes back with ,No woreless networks in range' and the status on the task bar says 'Wireless network - not connected'. So the pc is identifying my wireless lan card but it is not seeing anything outside. I have tried disabling/enabling, refreshing the available wireless list, but don't know where to go from here.

So I need some help please!

Advertisements