Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Configfree wirelss adapter will not connect

• Please log in to reply

happy01

happy01

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I cannot get configfree on my Toshiba to connect. I drag the icon over the WLAN icon, but it says "Another vender's application is controlling the wirelss adapter.

I have turned off wireless zero configuration, it is disabled right now.

This is a work laptop and I will only be here for about 3 more hours, then back on Monday. I just fixed this laptop with MBAM and Combofix. I have not used this laptop before, just now trying to configure it to work. It seems to be working ok, except I can't get the wireless network to connect. I uninstalled configfree, but could not view wireless networks. So I reinstalled configfree. No use. I updated drivers and tried all I know.

I am on a Toshiba Satellite M35X-S161 with Atheros AR5005GS Wireless Network Adapter.

Thank you for your help.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks to go !

Did you run Combofix under supervision / Help from our Malware removal forum?

The major reason for not detecting wireless networks on a wireless computer is the wireless service WZC (Wireless Zero Configuration) is not started. After starting the Wireless Zero Configuration most of the wireless related issues will be resolved. If your Laptop or desktop computer is not able to connect Internet and wireless and want to troubleshoot the actual issue ,I recommend you to follow the steps provided in the link below.

http://www.corenetwo...eless-zero.html

happy01

happy01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I did run Combofix to clean up the computer. There was some malware on it. I also ran MBAM. I will run combofix again, as that was about a week ago.

When I try to start Wireless Zero Configuration, I get the follow error:

"Could not start the Wireless Zero Configuration services on Local Computer.

Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Running Combofix now.

Thanks

happy01

happy01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I was mistaken, apparently I did not run Combofix yet, because I do not have the Microsoft recovery consul installed yet. I also cannot get online with my Ethernet cable. I thought I could before, but now all internet is down. I am running the latest Combofix now without the recovery consul installed. will let you know how it goes.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
I can't really help with combofix. I am unauthorized to do so as I'm currently in training for it. I will not be able to answer any questions on that. Please understand. You may consider getting help with the Combofix log results in our malware removal forum from a trained person. See link for that,

http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Edited by zep516, 28 October 2011 - 02:38 PM.

happy01

happy01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I cannot get combofix to run. Will post in the other forum as mentioned.

Thanks.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Ok good decision! Always get help with combofix. Combofix will make deletions. After an expert reviews the log other manual deletions can be required too.

Edited by zep516, 31 October 2011 - 08:50 AM.